Bulletproof coffee claims you can lose a pound a day and reclaim energy and focus. Is this for real?
Listen to this post here:
Dave Asprey is a man who “thinks way outside the box”. He is the creator of a phenomena that has swept the nation called BulletProof coffee. His personal story is one of being an obese and worn out wealthy executive 20 years ago. Today he is lean, energetic and has definitely upgraded his whole life for the better (upgraded is his favorite word).
The turning point for him focused on learning the crucial importance of consuming wholesome, healthy foods. His real magic, however, was a special recipe he invented using coffee that is mixed with two other ingredients, and this was the game changer for him and millions of others.
After I started drinking BulletProof coffee on a trip I made to Colorado last year, I must say that I do believe he is onto something. We are in an age where in the area of health there are almost no hard and fast rules any longer. This can lead some people to sometimes throwing their hands up with confusion as to how they should eat to achieve health. I have realized, however, that being open minded with a combination of information, intuition and wisdom is perhaps the key to understanding the rules of health, and this applies to my opinion on BulletProof coffee. I am convinced that BulletProof coffee is a keeper idea for me but obviously may not for everybody.
His book, BulletProof Diet, explains his philosophy on a healthy diet, which, I must say, is similar to my recommendations in the free E-Book I wrote which is available on our site at here.
However the idea that he will be known forever for is creating the recipe for a blend of coffee that has revolutionized his life and others.
The four positive effects of drinking BulletProof coffee are the following:
- Zero hunger after drinking
- Positive effects on the brain function with clarity and focus
- Increase in metabolic rate
- No energy drop like regular coffee may product
- The main concerns i have with BulletProof Coffee are the following:Not eating enough healthy foods due to killing your appetite so dramatically
- Abusing it by excessive consumption (everything can become toxic in excess)
- Using it as a crutch to compensate for bad habits such as (inadequate sleep, poor diet, lack of exercise, etc)
The Official Recipe for BulletProof Coffee:
- Brew 1 cup (8-12 oz.) of coffee using filtered water, just off the boil, with 2 1/2 heaping tablespoons freshly ground Bulletproof® Coffee Beans available now at Nutrition World. (French Press is easiest.)
- Add in 1-2 tablespoons of Brain Octane™ MCT oil to the hot coffee (It’s STRONG – start with 1 tsp. and work up over several days).
- Add 1-2 tablespoons grass-fed, organic unsalted butter or ghee. (NO regular butter)
- Mix it all in a blender for 20-30 seconds until it is frothy like a foamy latte
It’s really fast and easy to prepare. Realize salted coffee is a crime. Do not do this with salted butter.
If you’re like most people, your body is so starved for healthy fats that you feel like you can’t get enough. It will take your body a week or two to fully turn on its fat digestion systems when you switch to a high healthy fat breakfast of Bulletproof Coffee. If at first it is a little too rich, try using less butter initially then build up to the amount you like. Taking a digestive enzyme supplement with your coffee will also help your body digest the butter.
Try this just once, with at least 2 Tbs of butter, and have nothing else for breakfast. You will experience one of the best mornings of your life, with boundless energy and focus. “It’s truly amazing” says Dave Asprey.
[bctt tweet=”Bulletproof coffee claims you can lose a pound a day and reclaim energy and focus. Is this for real?”]
More from my site
Ed Jones has been the owner of Nutrition World since 1979. He is totally passionate in regard to his belief in the natural healing capacity of the human body. He has learned under and spent time with many respected experts in the holistic field. Ed received an extensive education in nutrition from the American Health Science University, A.A. from MTSU.