“If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed.”
This quote applies to some politicians and medical people as to the inaccurate information they are creating about the lack of safety in regard to vitamins and nutritional supplements. Below are the true facts:
- 4,500,000 health care visits annually due to adverse drug events
- 400,000 hospitalizations due to adverse drug events
- 106,000 people die every year from reactions to prescribed drugs
- 150,000,000 (one hundred and fifty million) people take vitamins daily
- 3300 adverse annual events associated with vitamin supplements
- 0 (Zero) deaths of adults annually due to any dietary supplement
All dietary supplement companies are required to be manufactured under Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP). The FDA has full power to remove any nutritional supplement that shows any significant risk to the public. My 37 years in the industry has shown swift efficient action in the few times it was necessary to stop the marketing of a product. The truth is that the vast majority of tainted products were in the category of weight loss, sexual stimulants and energy products sold at gas stations.
Ed Jones has been the owner of Nutrition World since 1979. He is totally passionate in regard to his belief in the natural healing capacity of the human body. He has learned under and spent time with many respected experts in the holistic field. Ed received an extensive education in nutrition from the American Health Science University, A.A. from MTSU.